Monday, February 19, 2018

2nd Grade Authors

These young writers attended
a "Food for Thought" storytelling
event, hosted by 4th graders Cale and Drew.
The twins shared their experiences with managing
free range chickens and creating a business to sell their eggs.


The Happy Chicken
~By Elliott
This chicken has talent!  He was good at listening but not good at spelling.
The chicken’s name was Bowl and he was named Bowl because everyone was
putting soup on him.  That made him mad, but he was shaking it off.  Bowl
loved playing cards and trivia games.  He had fun!  

One day Bowl got hit by a car but he survived.  Why?  He realized that
he had super powers and boy, was Bowl shocked!   He will never have to
worry about dying from accidents or from stinky socks.  Bowl used to scream when he had to be near stinky socks!  One day he accidentally flew into an
electric pole and got a terrible shock.  But with his super powers, Bowl just
flew on home and played with his toy car before eating supper at 7:00 P.M.
Bowl loves being in his bedroom where it is safe.  He loves his parents too.    
He’s just a happy chicken most of the time.

My Own Chicks
~By Nevaeh
I love chicks!  If I have a chance, I can’t wait to try and raise chicks.
I really want to someday see eggs in a barn!  I will have to wait a long, long time
for good news and any new chicks.  But I must wait.  We hope there are many
eggs with brothers and sisters.  I plan to name them Mul, Ever, and one will
be Jay.  If there are just two boys someday, they will be named Carlos and Mal.   




Tonight
~By Alivia
Halloween is here and I am very excited for tonight  because I will get
a lot of goodies.  I might even get some candy bags at the end of Trick-or-
Treating.  I am going to eat a lot of candy!  When I get done eating candy,
I am going to put on my pajamas.  Then I will go to bed and have a good
Night.  I hope you guys will have good Trick-or-Treating times on Halloween.

Lots of Fun
~By Alexa
I went Trick-or-Treating on Sunday.  Guess what I was dressed as?
I was wearing an elephant costume.  It was so much fun to Trick-of-Treat.
There was so many different kids out, wearing masks and carrying bags
filled with goodies.  When it was all over, we went on home.  I got lots of
candy at peoples houses.  

The Halloween Dog
~By Mazie
There once was a beautiful dog who loved Halloween.  The dog gave out
candy at his house and then decided to go out for trick-or-treating.  Guess what?
The poor dog got lost on the strange street.  So he went knocking and knocking
on doors to try and find his own house.  He looked and looked, all night long.  
The next day it began to snow!  The poor dog got very, very cold being outside
but he finally found his own house.  So the search came to a happy ending!

The Hound
~By Zayven
Two spooky buddies went to a haunted house and saw a man with a wand.
The man was wearing a black suit.  The boys watched as the man waved his
magic wand and then he spoke.  The man said, “Halloween Hound” three times
and the dog suddenly came alive.  The hound walked right out of a mirror, like
a mysterious portal.  The man looked right at the spooky buddies, wanting their
help that night.  Then the hound opened his huge mouth, and smoke came out.  
So the man in the black suit, the hound, and the two spooky buddies left the haunted house.  It was time to go and the man waved his wand. “Happy Halloween!”  

The Rainy Weather
~By Adalynn
Once upon a time there was a family and they encountered a tornado.
They quickly went to the basement and were very sad.  Then the house was
surrounded by terrible, high winds!  In that basement, they watched news on
their ipad and the kids were shaking.  Then the mighty tornado hit them with  
a BOOM!  It was a disaster!  The storm ripped the house apart.  Suddenly in
the air there appeared a unicorn called Twilight.  As the tornado was spinning,
Twilight used her magic to calm everyone.  She saw the family cat crying
“meow, meow!”  So the unicorn farts rainbows!  Then a solar eclipse began
and the unicorn stopped the kids from looking up at the sky.  Twilight
whispered, “Don’t look, it will hurt your eyes!”  This awful storm hit the
house at 6:00 P.M.  Tornadoes are so, so scary.  Next the kids looked up
and saw a pink pig flying in the fierce winds. “What is that?” It was quite
strong, it was a super pig and it survived the stormy winds.  “We are so, so
scared” cried the family but the tornado is finished.  So my story is too.  

Bob
~By Kaelyn
Once there was an unhappy bird at Chicken School.  His name was Bob.   He was mad because he had to do his homework from when he was sick and missed some days.  Suddenly the bell rang.  “Now I will go to lunch,"
Bob thought.  But the bird was mad because after eating because he
had to stay in to finish that homework.  He was not happy but after it was
all done, Bob headed outside to the playground.  He went on the swings
for a while but then another bird stole his seat!  
So he went to tell The Chicken Teacher about his swing. She asked,
“Bob, did you get off the swing?”  Bob looked at her and said, “Yes I did.”
So then he went onto the bars and played with his best friend.  After play time
was over, Bob went inside and wrote a book.  He was an author!  

The Haunted Mask
~By Jacie
One day I saw a mask at the store.  I bought it but once I put it on,
I felt different.  By the time Halloween came, I had completely changed.  It was
As if I was trapped in a dark world.  In fact, I acted like The Joker’s girlfriend
Harley Quinn.  I swung a bat to hit people!  Then I started running around and screaming at everyone.  Halloween is over now and I feel like my old self!   I was so tired, no more masks for me.














No comments:

Post a Comment